If you experience knee pain it is usually caused by overuse, poor form during exercise and not warming up and/or stretching before physical activity. You can alleviate pain that has just started by doing the following:
- Resting and avoiding activities that cause pain
- Applying ice at least 4 times a day and keeping your knee elevated to bring down swelling
- Using a safe topical pain reliever such as Super Blue Stuff OTC. Apply every ten minutes until pain subsides then 3 times daily
- Using an ace bandage to provide support.
You should contact a doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- You are unable to bear weight on your knee
- You are experiencing extreme pain
- Your knee buckles or locks
- Your knee appears to be deformed
- You have redness, warmth or swelling around the knee
- Your knee is numb, tingling or bluish in color
Two state of the art knee surgeries available to most patients are knee arthroscopy and knee microfracture. Knee arthroscopyinvolves making small cuts on your knee and probing inside of it with a tiny camera. The surgeon then uses medical instruments to repair it. Knee microfracture surgery is a procedure that is done to repair the damaged cartilage in the knee.
Recent studies show the ancient Chinese movement art known as tai chi can help ease knee pain in people who have knee osteoarthritis. This soft martial art encompasses flowing and gentle movements as well as balancing postures. It is also meditative in that it encourages your mind to focus on the body movements.
Another alternative therapy for knee pain is acupuncture. It is safe and has very few side effects. The procedure’s analgesic effect lasts up to a year.
There is evidence that certain types of exercise can help ease knee pain from osteoarthritis. The exercises must be done consistently in order to get any relief. Examples of good regimens are low-impact aerobics and swimming. Most people who stick with their exercise programs get good results. They benefit the most with regard to pain relief and mobility.
When you need a boost of relief to get moving in the morning, reach for BLUESPRING's Capsicum Roll-on Booster. Featuring the warming power of capsicum, this easy to apply booster can be used alone or in conjunction with Super Blue Stuff OTC pain relief cream. The roll-on applicator provides massaging relief plus keeps the product off your hands for no mess application.’s Capsicum Roll-on Booster. Featuring the warming power of capsicum, this easy to apply booster can be used alone or in conjunction with Super Blue Stuff OTC pain relief cream. The roll-on applicator provides massaging relief plus keeps the product off your hands for no mess application.
Share this post